Texto que me ha enviado Cristina

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Texto que me ha enviado Cristina

Mensaje  aurelio el Lun Feb 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Hola Aurelio, Vi tu direccion en MySpace, yo soy Cris y voy de vez en cuando a las Jam del Jamboree, no me conoces pero como he leido que estas montando un blog para centralizar acciones, quiero enviarte algo que he escrito yo en inglés y que he colgado en varios foros muy activos sobre musica (con miles de suscriptores de todas partes del mundo).
Mi post intenta difundir el tema de Accions per la Musica y el tema de los musicos que han echado de la escuela de Badalona por reivindicar tener un contrato. Mi idea con esto es aumentar las visitar y las adhesiones de musicos de todo el mundo que tengan su MySpace. Bueno no sé que te parecerá, la redaccion no es perfecta y mi ingles tampoco, pero si lo quieres copiar/modificar/reenviar, en tu blog o donde sea, para eso te lo mando, vale?
Pues nada, solo añadir que me parece muy buena idea lo del 21 de Junio.

Barcelona musicians needing support:

Hello u all!
I’m not a musician, just a live music lover (I’m one of those always dancing close to the stage, at jam sessions and concerts in small venues where my friends musicians use to play). I know is a bit long post but is important to say all this because they are organizing big protests through MySpace, weblogs, etc and they need all our support. Since the situation for musicians in Barcelona is extreme, I want to help them through this forum letting u know what’s going on in Barcelona, and how hard things are getting for musicians here, to play in the street, to find venues where to play, and even to be considered and treated as professionals by the city government. They sell to tourists the idea of Barcelona as a multicultural-bohemian city, and it’s still true despite the efforts made by politicians and authorities to destroy its free spirit, but won’t be true anymore in very few years unless we fight for the real soul of this city we love.

Just a general idea to see how things work in Barcelona:
To play in the streets: city council’s laws are getting extremely strict: loads of bureaucracy, very limited and absurd timetables to play in the street, very limited places in the city where buskers can go; and even if u get your license u are not allowed to use amplifiers or electric instruments most of the time.
To play in bars and small venues: if just a few neighbours complain about the noise/ volume of a venue in their street, city council fines and even closes down the venue, either having or not the right licenses and soundproofing. There’s also problems with closing times, but the city council doesn’t want to allocate more licenses or to be flexible (they make much more money from property real estate, giving licenses to build overpriced offices, and overpriced apartments for rich tourists….; in this process, our really bohemian and authentic venues, many with live music, have been replaced for pretentious posh shops and things alike. There’s loads of examples, I hear almost every week about another venue been closed down.

If u want to give your support to Barcelona musicians and read more go to http://www.myspace.com/bcnaniquilamusica, we want to be as much as possible to press the city council.

Besides, but this is much more grave, there’s 8 music teachers locked in a municipal music school, they’ve been fired after complaining because none of them had a labour contract (they were paid “under the table” /“off the books”.
While I write this, they’re sleeping in the floor of the classrooms where they used to teach jazz and modern music. One of those teachers is my best friend.

Their MySpace is www.myspace.com/profesincontratoemb

And this is their last mailing (translation is mine)

“””””””””””“
Hi friends,
We’re a group of 8 musicians and music teachers, and we’ve been fired from Badalona Music School.(…)We were working during years here, without a legal contract and without Social Security -public obligatory insurance- in this school, run by the city council. During months, we tried hard to solve our working situation and have a contract, but they rejected to negotiate with us, so we sent a communication to the media –newspapers and TV-. The punishment was instantaneous: we were fired.
Faced with this situation, on February 13th we decided to lock ourselves in the school. We’ve been there since then, every night and day, living in the school facilities.
Major of Badalona, Mrs Maite Arque, says we are not acting in the right way to achieve our goals (…) They’re looooads of hours locked here, talking to press, unions, politicians, lawyers… we haven’t slept too much so far.
That’s why all the external support we’re receiving is PRICELESS, touches us and gives us so much strength (…).Thanks so so much to all the people who’s got interested in our situation, people who brought us food, friendas who visited us in our sit-in to give us support and smiles, the people who showed their support adding us to their MySpace site or leaving messages. Thanks to our relatives, our music students, their girlfriends/boyfriends/relatives (…) A hug from trenches
””””””””

They are Mariano Camarasa Armellín (my best friend), Jesus Mayorga Galvan, Toni Sanchez Gutierrez, Ismael Dueñas Esteve, Laia Gonzalez Aragonés, Cristian Cantero Romero, David Sanàbria Redon, Iñaki Arnal Iturgaitz.

U can find them in MySpace, www.myspace.com/profesincontratoemb .... Please add them or leave a message.

Send this info to your friends musicians, let’s spread their situation as much as possible, and let’s give them support from every corner of the world.

Thanks a lot to u all for reading this.

Cristina
aurelio

Cantidad de envíos : 27
Que tocas? : Lo que me dejan. Según dicen hacer ruidos con la boca más o menos rítmicos... Ahh... Mi hija toca el piano y yo la batería de Pocoyo. Eso vale??
Asociacion/Afiliacion : Sindicato Autónomo de Trabajadores del Banco De España

Ver perfil de usuario http://www.aurelito.com

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba